Media & Entertainment
- Media and entertainment executives show record confidence in global economy even while industry challenges persist
Los Angeles, 7 December 2015
Despite the usual industry challenges and downside risks, the media and entertainment (M&E) industry has a high level of confidence in the global economy, according to a recent survey of senior executives from global M&E companies conducted by EY for the 13th Global Capital Confidence Barometer.
- Media and entertainment industry poised to generate one of the best profit margins in 2015 compared to leading stock market indices
Los Angeles, 15 October 2015
The media and entertainment (M&E) industry is expected to generate higher margins than several leading stock market indices, according to an EY report.
- Television’s biggest night fast approaches as Ernst & Young LLP tabulates the votes for the 67th Emmy® Awards to reveal who will go home with the gold
Los Angeles, 16 September 2015
The ballots are in and the world is eagerly awaiting the results of the 67th Emmy Awards as Ernst & Young LLP oversees the voting and tabulation process for television’s biggest night and takes safeguards to protect the integrity and security of the identity of the winners.
- Emerging markets show increasing promise for digital earnings potential with China ranked highest among all emerging countries
Los Angeles, 10 February 2015
While the United States has the highest digital earnings potential of any country, emerging markets are rapidly growing, according to a recent study conducted by EY to show which countries offer media and entertainment companies the greatest opportunities for earnings from digital media.
- EY kicks off award season by overseeing voting tabulation of the 72nd annual Golden Globe Awards®
Los Angeles, 7 January 2015
All eyes will be on EY as the organization tabulates the results for the ceremony that kicks off the all-important award season in Hollywood. For the 42nd year in a row, EY will oversee the entire voting tabulation process of the Golden Globe Awards® for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
- Media and entertainment M&A appetite hits three-year high with a greater focus on ‘bite-sized’ deals
Los Angeles, 17 November 2014
A record number of media and entertainment (M&E) companies expect to pursue M&A deals during the next 12 months, according to a recent survey of over 1600 senior executives, of which 94 were from the M&E companies, in more than 60 countries conducted by EY for the 11th Capital Confidence Barometer: Media & Entertainment.
- Profit margins of media and entertainment companies expected to hit 28% in 2014
Los Angeles, 15 September 2014
M&E companies are continuing to increase their lead as one of the most profitable industries and are expected to outperform the major cross-industry stock market indices in 2014, based on the results from our Spotlight on Profitable Growth: Media and Entertainment Vol. VII.
- EY tabulates winners of the 66th Primetime Emmy Awards
Los Angeles, 20 August 2014
The ballots for the 66th Primetime Emmy® Awards are in and the Los Angeles office of EY is busy triple-checking the results to ensure the accuracy and integrity of television’s biggest honors.
- Media and entertainment CFOs shift their primary focus from cost-cutting to growth, as economic confidence improves
New York, 11 August 2014
M&E has moved past the economic uncertainty of the global recession and shifted their primary focus from cost-cutting to growth, according to EY’s survey of CFOs of leading global M&E companies.
- More media companies expected to pursue acquisitions in next year
Los Angeles, 20 May 2014
Media and entertainment companies are more confident in the global economy than ever before, according to a recent survey of senior executives conducted by EY for the 10th Capital Confidence Barometer: Media & Entertainment.