Excellent strategic portfolio optimization is key for the success of consumer products companies. EY research reveals that there is a huge room for improvement.
Get the most from your portfolio
How to make price and promotion work harder
Luxury and cosmetics financial factbook, 2016 edition
Inspiring women: Maria Rey-Marston
Consumer Products Transaction Insights – Q2 2016
When on-demand is the norm, can your supply chain respond?
EY-Microsoft alliance launch EY CASH
How do you find your optimal balance?
Consumer Products Transactions Insights - Q4 2015
Consumer Products & Retail
The consumer products and retail industry is out of balance
Companies are failing to keep pace with changing consumer needs. Complexity is spiraling out of control. New business models are disrupting the old certainties. The levers that power growth are broken.
Those that over depend on cost efficiencies to boost profits and satisfy shareholders risk irrelevance. They must address long-term structural change by tilting the balance back towards profitable growth.
At EY, we’ll help you find and hold on to the point of balance that ignites performance in your business. We'll do that by asking better questions. Those questions will reveal better responses to disruptive market change and innovative strategies that put you ahead of the competition.
We can ask better questions, and then collaborate with you to implement the answers, because we combine a deeper and broader range of insights, perspectives, capabilities and experience. Our highly integrated, global network of assurance, advisory and tax specialists includes 26,000 people focused on your industry, supported by a rich ecosystem of alliance partners.
Wherever you are in the world, project by project, market by market, we will build a better working world together.
- Choose the products and markets that matter
Strengthen brands, sell them, or acquire ones with more potential? Optimize your portfolio in ways that drive shareholder value.
- Can your portfolio of brands provide the answers you need?
- Consumer Products Transactions Insight Q4/FY 2015
- Capital Confidence Barometer – 13th edition – Consumer products and retail highlights
- Integrating niche brands and sustaining value
- 2015 Global Corporate Development Study: A consumer products perspective
- Global Corporate Divestment Study – Consumer products highlights
- Commercial performance, rebooted
Cut the costs that don’t add value; drive sustained growth. You can do both, if you know how.
- Trade promotion management
- Rise of Gen Z: new challenge for retailers
- Commercial analytics: Unlocking the performance paradox
- Cash on the table 2015
- When shoppers demand a seamless experience, what can digital shelves deliver?
- Luxury & Cosmetics – Key Industry Insights
- Profit or lose
- Disrupt or be disrupted
- Unlocking margins in consumer products
- Brand new order? The changing consumer products value paradigm~
- Every market is “emerging”
A balanced emerging market strategy opens the door to untapped markets, while keeping risks under control
- Global vision, local execution
Create a fluid operating model that sustains your evolving business needs. Empower the right people to make the best decisions.
- Supply chains that bend without breaking
Flexible enough to adapt to demand; lean but with resilience guaranteed. It’s a balancing act.
Connect with us
Stay connected with us through social media, email alerts or webcasts. Or download our EY Insights app for mobile devices.
Capital Insights magazine – issue 10
Having weathered the financial storm, corporates in the consumer products sector need to explore emerging economies and protect margins. Find out more.